Blue Underground

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
Ashirg

Re: Blue Underground

#276 Post by Ashirg » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:07 pm

Shock Waves blu and Special Edition DVD is being released October 28
Compañeros blu is being released on November 25

L.A.

#277 Post by L.A. » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:03 pm

From their Facebook page:
Our COMPAÑEROS Blu-ray will be released on October 28, 2014.

Written and directed by the legendary Sergio Corbucci (DJANGO, THE GREAT SILENCE), COMPAÑEROS is a once-in-a-lifetime teaming of the two greatest European stars in ‘Spaghetti Western’ history: Franco Nero of DJANGO and Tomas Milian of DJANGO KILL.

Now freshly transferred in gorgeous High Definition from the original negative, COMPAÑEROS is presented here in both its English and full-length Italian Versions for the first time ever! Extras include:

• Audio Commentary with Journalists C. Courtney Joyner and Henry Parke
• "In The Company Of Compañeros" – Interviews with Stars Franco Nero & Tomas Milian and Composer Ennio Morricone
• International Trailer
• Italian Trailer
• Poster & Still Gallery

dwk

#278 Post by dwk » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:33 pm

No details yet, but they posted this on their facebook page

dwk

#279 Post by dwk » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:32 am

From BU's facebook page
Let us know if you'd buy MAN, PRIDE AND VENGEANCE on Blu-ray. We're currently on the fence due to the last couple Spaghetti Western Blu-rays underperforming, and poor presales on next month's COMPANEROS Blu-ray release. Please get your COMPANEROS pre-order in if you want to see more Spaghetti Westerns on Blu-ray...

Lowry_Sam

#280 Post by Lowry_Sam » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:47 am

dwk wrote:No details yet, but they posted this on their facebook page
A 911 film 20+ years before the fact?

Ashirg

#281 Post by Ashirg » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:31 pm

God Told Me To has a release date - January 27th

L.A.

#282 Post by L.A. » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:39 pm

Sergio Corbucci's Compañeros @ Mondo Digital.

flyonthewall2983

#283 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:47 pm

Going Under coming out January 27th. Good movie, terrible cover.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#284 Post by domino harvey » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:51 pm

Roger Rees in an S+M movie?! I don't and do want to see that

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#285 Post by swo17 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:57 pm

There were lots of things before there was Fifty Shades of Grey. Like my hand being detached from my forehead, for one.

flyonthewall2983

#286 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:19 pm

Honestly, if the hype for that movie means films like this get a Blu release I can't complain. Hopefully Criterion would consider upgrading Maitresse for similar reasons.

dwk

#287 Post by dwk » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:44 pm

Sad news about Fight for your Life
But I must say that there is a film that I have in my library called Fight for you Life. I love the movie and I wanted to put it out on Blu-Ray. So, after doing the SD transfer 10 years ago on the film, I shipped the negative back to the rights’ holder on the film, in New Jersey. Just two weeks ago I contacted the rights’ holder, looking to re-access the negatives, so that I could make an HD transfer of the film, and she informed me that two years ago, during Hurricane Sandy, her basement flooded and the negatives were destroyed. [Pause] And, you know, I didn’t make the movie, it’s not been a big seller for me, it was not an economic loss for me, but I was devastated with that news. To me, it tells me just how fragile movies are. In the blink of an eye, a movie can no longer exist. So, Fight for Life in future media will fade away because the only thing that exists on the movie, today, is a 10-year old SD transfer. With [the negatives] lost, Fight for Life will be lost decades into the future.

JamesF

#288 Post by JamesF » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:49 am

I've never seen Fight For Your Life (it's been on my watchlist for a long time as a William Sanderson fan), but ugh, that's really sad news. I know one or two 35mm prints still exist and have played at the Cinefamily, Cinedrome, etc, but still, the negative...

Fingers crossed some unholy alliance of Lustig, Refn and Tarantino (who must surely own a print) can form to digitally preserve whatever materials exist for the film. In the meantime, with no Blu upgrade on the horizon, looks like I'll take the plunge for the DVD.

fatboyslim142

#289 Post by fatboyslim142 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:30 am

JamesF wrote:I've never seen Fight For Your Life (it's been on my watchlist for a long time as a William Sanderson fan), but ugh, that's really sad news. I know one or two 35mm prints still exist and have played at the Cinefamily, Cinedrome, etc, but still, the negative...

Fingers crossed some unholy alliance of Lustig, Refn and Tarantino (who must surely own a print) can form to digitally preserve whatever materials exist for the film. In the meantime, with no Blu upgrade on the horizon, looks like I'll take the plunge for the DVD.
Criterion did a very good job of making one of Jacques Demy's films into HD for the Demy Boxset & the film's negatives NO LONGER exist so IT IS possible to HD a film with lost or non existing negatives of a film.

Orlac

#290 Post by Orlac » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:08 am

fatboyslim142 wrote:
JamesF wrote:I've never seen Fight For Your Life (it's been on my watchlist for a long time as a William Sanderson fan), but ugh, that's really sad news. I know one or two 35mm prints still exist and have played at the Cinefamily, Cinedrome, etc, but still, the negative...

Criterion did a very good job of making one of Jacques Demy's films into HD for the Demy Boxset & the film's negatives NO LONGER exist so IT IS possible to HD a film with lost or non existing negatives of a film.
What, Lola? Isn't the general consensus that the transfer (not the source) is awful.

Thornycroft

#291 Post by Thornycroft » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:46 pm

fatboyslim142 wrote:Criterion did a very good job of making one of Jacques Demy's films into HD for the Demy Boxset & the film's negatives NO LONGER exist so IT IS possible to HD a film with lost or non existing negatives of a film.
It is certainly possible, but then again we don't know what other pre-print elements exist for the title or what condition they're in. Given that the licensor had access to the negative, they may not have made any effort to preserve an inter-positive or other material of the sort. Whatever the current element situation is, the extra detail and clarity present in the negative are now permanently lost, which is a real pity regardless of whether a satisfactory HD rendering of the title is possible or not.

Ashirg

#292 Post by Ashirg » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:35 pm

Spaghetti Western Man, Pride and Vengeance with Franco Nero on DVD and blu on March 24

SpiderBaby

#293 Post by SpiderBaby » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:00 am

That is the one with the lovely Tina Aumont correct?

pointless

#294 Post by pointless » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:22 am

Dario Argento and Lucio Fulci three-disc sets will be released March 31, 2015.

The Dario Argento Collection
  • The Cat O' Nine Tails
    Deep Red
    Inferno
The Lucio Fulci Collection
  • City of the Living Dead
    The House by the Cemetery
    The New York Ripper

Ashirg

#295 Post by Ashirg » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:23 pm

May 26, 2015

1990: The Bronx Warriors - Blu-ray+DVD - 29.98
Escape from the Bronx - Blu-ray+DVD - 29.98
The New Barbarians - Blu-ray+DVD - 29.98

Man, Pride and Vengeance was delayed until 4/28

dwk

#296 Post by dwk » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:31 pm

We're pleased to announce our first new acquisition of 2015: Ferdinando Baldi's GET MEAN, starring Tony Anthony as "The Stranger," will be making it's Blu-ray & DVD debuts later this year! No further information to report at this time...

Graham

#297 Post by Graham » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:29 pm

Anyone seen Get Mean?

dwk

#298 Post by dwk » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:54 pm

1990: The Bronx Warriors
Collector's Edition Blu-ray + DVD Combo Pack available June 30th:

Co-written and directed by Enzo G. Castellari (THE INGLORIOUS BASTARDS), this action-packed post-apocalyptic cult classic is a delirious mix of elements from THE WARRIORS and ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK. Starring Vic Morrow (TWILIGHT ZONE: THE MOVIE), Christopher Connelly (MANHATTAN BABY), Fred Williamson (VIGILANTE), and Mark Gregory (ESCAPE FROM THE BRONX), 1990: THE BRONX WARRIORS has been newly transferred in High Definition and includes exclusive new Extras created especially for this release!

• Audio Commentary with Co-Writer/Director Enzo G. Castellari
• Enzo G. Castellari and Fabrizio De Angelis In Conversation Part 1
• Sourcing The Weaponry – Enzo G. Castellari visits the Italian Weapons Rental House of Paolo Ricci
• Adventures In The Bronx – Interview with Actor/Stuntman Massimo Vanni
• Theatrical Trailers
• Poster & Still Gallery

Video Specs: Widescreen 2.35:1/16x9
Audio Specs: English DTS-HD Mono/Dolby Digital Mono
Optional Subtitles: English SDH, Francais, Espanol
All Regions

Escape From the Bronx

Co-writer/director Enzo G. Castellari (STREET LAW) and star Mark Gregory (THUNDER) return for this thrilling sequel to the post-apocalyptic cult classic 1990: THE BRONX WARRIORS. Also starring Henry Silva (ABOVE THE LAW), Timothy Brent (THE NEW BARBARIANS), Paolo Malco (THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY), and Antonio Sabato (SEVEN BLOOD-STAINED ORCHIDS), ESCAPE FROM THE BRONX is presented in a brand-new High Definition transfer along with exclusive Extras for the first time ever in North America!

• Enzo G. Castellari and Fabrizio De Angelis In Conversation Part 2
• The Hunt For Trash – Interview with BRONX WARRIORS Superfan Lance Manley
• Theatrical Trailers
• Poster & Still Gallery

All Regions

The New Barbarians

Timothy Brent (STREET LAW), Fred Williamson (FROM DUSK TILL DAWN), George Eastman (ANTHROPOPHAGUS), and Giovanni Frezza (THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY) star in this post-apocalyptic cult classic from co-writer/director Enzo G. Castellari (THE BIG RACKET). Also known as WARRIORS OF THE WASTELAND, THE NEW BARBARIANS has been freshly transferred in High Definition and includes exclusive new Extras produced for this release!

• Enzo G. Castellari and Fabrizio De Angelis In Conversation Part 3
• Tales Of The Hammer – Interview with Star Fred Williamson
• Theatrical Trailers
• Poster & Still Gallery

All Regions

Ashirg

#299 Post by Ashirg » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:24 am

November 24 -

3-Disc Limited Editions (blu-ray, DVD, CD Soundtrack) of Jess Franco's Eugenie... The Story of Her Journey into Perversion and Marquis de Sade's Justine.

dwk

#300 Post by dwk » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:25 pm

Here's a sneak peek of the cover art for CODE 7, VICTIM 5 and MOZAMBIQUE, coming to DVD & Blu-ray in 2016...