Mondo Vision

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
menthymenthy

Re: Mondo Vision

#101 Post by menthymenthy » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:16 pm

Gorgeous! =D>

I really can't wait. I saw the film earlier this year, but with Google Translation subs, and considering the way the film was written, that really wasn't an ideal way to view the film.

I really do love this film though, and I think it's a masterpiece. I've seen the final 20 minutes of it at least two dozen times. Great work, Mondo.

David M.

#102 Post by David M. » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:51 am

Ah wow, Google Translation subs!

Mondo actually had a translation for this one done which Zulawski had some qualms with, so we arranged for him and Daniel Bird to re-translate it to make sure it was exactly how he wanted it. It's a very lyrical script and the two of them did a great job finding substitutions for puns that don't translate directly into English. Daniel explains the process in the booklet.

gyorgys

#103 Post by gyorgys » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:33 pm

DVDTimes review of the limited edition of L'amour Braque.
IIRC, forum member David Mackenzie did the disc-encoding (and it shows!).

What A Disgrace

#104 Post by What A Disgrace » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:06 pm

There were times when I was watching the disc that I was wondering if it was a DVD at all; and by that I mean it looks absolutely gorgeous. As does the packaging, but that's not news. My least favorite Zulawski film so far, but I'm so glad I got it.

R0lf

#105 Post by R0lf » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:51 am

Amazon is showing L'amour Braque as "discontinued from the manufacturer". Is there a problem or is this just a standard Amazon out of stock notice?

I hope everything is fine. I am looking forward to Zulawski's other movies being released.

Perkins Cobb

#106 Post by Perkins Cobb » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:25 am

R0lf wrote:Amazon is showing L'amour Braque as "discontinued from the manufacturer". Is there a problem or is this just a standard Amazon out of stock notice?
This seems to be purchasable at the moment. Don't scare me like that.

perkizitore

#107 Post by perkizitore » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:51 am

I don't know if there is a Zulawski thread, but can someone comment on Possession's image quality?

pro-bassoonist

#108 Post by pro-bassoonist » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:34 pm

It is quite similar to the OOP Anchor Bay release, but I would strongly recommend that you wait for Mondo to release it. There is plenty, and I mean, plenty of room for improvement.

Pro-B

eltopo

#109 Post by eltopo » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:13 pm

AnchorBay:

Bildstörung:

AnchorBay:
]Image

Bildstörung:

AnchorBay:

Bildstörung:

AnchorBay:

Bildstörung:

David M.

#110 Post by David M. » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:21 pm

Amazon is showing L'amour Braque as "discontinued from the manufacturer". Is there a problem or is this just a standard Amazon out of stock notice?
It's not discontinued, don't worry. Although these Limited editions are just that - quite limited!

What A Disgrace

#111 Post by What A Disgrace » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:17 pm

On The Silver Globe is now listed under the "Coming Soon" section of their website.

I'm hoping this means they're able to speed up production of these wonderful discs. Posession and the other Polish films can't come soon enough for me.

R0lf

#112 Post by R0lf » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:09 pm

I agree. I hope we see both of these releases very soon!

David M.

#113 Post by David M. » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:51 am

You might want to check out their site :)

gyorgys

#114 Post by gyorgys » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:00 am

David Mackenzie wrote:You might want to check out their site :)
O, thanks David. :D
Szamanka (She Shaman) and Na Srebrnym Globie (The Silver Globe).
Probably also released as lavish style 'limited editions', - dare I hope?

Jean-Luc Garbo

#115 Post by Jean-Luc Garbo » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:43 pm

Excellent! I've been interested in in Szamanka since reading Tim Lucas' great review of the film. Now I can, finally.

David M.

#116 Post by David M. » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:56 am

gyorgys - That would appear to be the plan!

David M.

#117 Post by David M. » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:07 pm

Mondo Vision just showed me the cover art for the LE version of "Szamanka" and said it was cool to share it here. The innards of the packaging are themed around the train station graffiti wall which appears throughout the film.

Both versions will come with the film in its original Polish language (a first for a retail DVD release, I think) and also some brand new interview footage. And of course, a brand new, accurate English subtitle translation.

gyorgys

#118 Post by gyorgys » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:23 pm

David Mackenzie wrote:Mondo Vision just showed me the cover art for the LE version of "Szamanka" and said it was cool to share it here. The innards of the packaging are themed around the train station graffiti wall which appears throughout the film.

Both versions will come with the film in its original Polish language (a first for a retail DVD release, I think) and also some brand new interview footage. And of course, a brand new, accurate English subtitle translation.
David, one word, awesome. =D>
Thanks for sharing!

Jean-Luc Garbo

#119 Post by Jean-Luc Garbo » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:06 am

I have a question about L'Important c'est d'aimer and La femme publique. How is the music? I'm thinking of springing for the limited editions of both films - especially as I love Georges Delerue - but I was curious if anyone found the CDs worthy of the higher price? I know that there are other extras, but I'm most concerned about the music. Most likely I'll get L'Important c'est d'aimer, but I thought I'd ask about both as I'm also curious about the music on La femme publique.

lemmylermontov

#120 Post by lemmylermontov » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:04 pm

I recommend the Special Edition of L'important C'est Aimer. It's the only way you'll find the marvellous music of George Delerue for the film

Telstar

#121 Post by Telstar » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:22 pm

David Mackenzie wrote:Mondo Vision just showed me the cover art for the LE version of "Szamanka" and said it was cool to share it here. The innards of the packaging are themed around the train station graffiti wall which appears throughout the film.

Is there a release date for this yet?

perkizitore

#122 Post by perkizitore » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:38 pm

It's not even announced for pre-order, why is it taking so long? Anyway, take a look at their future releases

David M.

#123 Post by David M. » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:10 pm

It should be up for preorder this month (very soon this month), with it shipping shortly afterwards. They've held it back a little longer than originally planned to add more bonus features.

Jean-Luc Garbo

#124 Post by Jean-Luc Garbo » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:29 am

Excellent news, David! I can't wait to preorder it. I never would have heard of this movie were it not for Tim Lucas. I hope he gets a copy out of all this as the one he reviewed didn't sound nearly as good as the MV one. Like the others there will be a Zulawski commentary, right?

pro-bassoonist

#125 Post by pro-bassoonist » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:55 am

Hello Dave,

Just stopping by to say "Hello" :wink:

The design for Szamanka is terrific.

I hope you are well.

Yours,
S.