7 / BD 70 Interrogation

Discuss releases by Second Run and the films on them.
What A Disgrace

Re: 7 Interrogation

#26 Post by What A Disgrace » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:02 pm

Excellent news, although it looks increasingly unlikely that most or all of the rumored titles, such as the remaining Szulkin film or the other two Polish Skolimowski titles, will make it before 2024.

Ribs

#27 Post by Ribs » Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:50 pm

Why? I’d think there’ll be at least two more releases this year after this one, maybe three if they have their ducks in a row. Second Run is pretty good at announcing a title and getting it out in just over two months.

What A Disgrace

#28 Post by What A Disgrace » Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:17 pm

Well, there's some half dozen titles either confirmed (The Fifth Seal, Extreme Private Eros, the two Skolimowski titles, the two Paulo Rocha titles) or rumored (the Szulkin), only four months to go, and a whole wide world of films to release, choices from which Second Run has a habit of surprising with - not to mention the (very welcome) double dips, like this. The odds just seem stacked in favor of 2024 and beyond for those releases.

rapta

#29 Post by rapta » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:39 am

To be honest there are lots of different titles that might take longer for whatever reason to get sorted out. I just listened to the Film Graze podcast from last year where Tsai's Days was mentioned as an upcoming release but we still don't have that yet (obviously Film Movement already released theirs).

I imagine we'll get Interrogation before the end of the year if it's on their 'Coming Soon' page, and maybe one or two of the others - the Skolimowski would make sense to get out soon, since BFI have released a few of his already; same with the Szulkin (if they have it, and it's not with Eureka), seeing as Radiance have their three out at the very end of the year. That said, the Rocha and Hara have been mentioned quite a while ago too (as with the Tsai), so you'd think at least one of those would be ready too. And more Hungarian titles were mentioned as well...

MichaelB

#30 Post by MichaelB » Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:11 pm

For various reasons, but chiefly my own extras delivery deadline, I’m anticipating the Skolimowskis later this year.

ianthemovie

#31 Post by ianthemovie » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:46 am

Thanks for the insider info about the Skolimowskis, Michael.

Personally I'm hoping there is still room on Second Run's 2023 calendar for Three Wishes for Cinderella. It would make a great holiday release given its status as a Christmas film.

What A Disgrace

#32 Post by What A Disgrace » Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:42 am

Do out on September 18th.

• Interrogation (Przesłuchanie, 1982) presented complete and uncut from an HD transfer of the new 2K restoration of the film produced by WFDiF, Poland.
• Ryszard Bugajski on ‘Interrogation’: an in-depth 2005 interview with the late director in which he discusses the film’s contextual history, its production, the controversy surrounding its release and its eventual withdrawal and banning by Polish authorities.
• 40-page booklet with writing on the film by Michael Szporer and the complete transcript of the 1982 hearing before the so-called ‘co-laudation commission’ ahead of the film’s suppression.
• New and improved English subtitle translation.
• World premiere release on Blu-ray.
• Region free Blu-ray (A/B/C)
+ MORE TBC

Bikey

#33 Post by Bikey » Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:03 pm

Full details now at our website
Last edited by Bikey on Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

sabbath

#34 Post by sabbath » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:16 pm

Bikey

#35 Post by Bikey » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:14 am

"Very few films can match the level of political controversy that accompanied the production and prevented the timely release of Ryszard Bugajski’s scorching INTERROGATION. [...]
[It] openly questioned not only the communist system itself but also dared to touch upon the hitherto repressed history of state-controlled terror."

Michał Oleszczyk writes about Bugajski's INTERROGATION in the latest Cineaste magazine.
A taster here...

ryannichols7

Re: 7 / BD 70 Interrogation

#36 Post by ryannichols7 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:19 pm

this movie is strangely absent from all the US importers - Orbit, Diabolik, Grindhouse, and Atomic all lack it. wonder why that is? hoping to catch it before our 1982 project ends, but if I get it from the UK I probably won't be able to

fdm

#37 Post by fdm » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:09 am

They were asked not to sell it in the US, more or less, probably by whoever is releasing it here. (I apparently deleted the email I got when I asked one of them, so can't provide their actual wording.)

ryannichols7

#38 Post by ryannichols7 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:15 am

fdm wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:09 am
They were asked not to sell it in the US, more or less, probably by whoever is releasing it here. (I apparently deleted the email I got when I asked one of them, so can't provide their actual wording.)
great, another spineless US label I won't support again who will probably sit on it and charge a fortune for their edition. very annoying! but that would make sense and certainly explain it. disappointed all four stores were made to do that....guess Rarewaves it'll be

fdm

#39 Post by fdm » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:19 am

I figure it won't be too much longer before it's in one of Arrow's sales.

brundlefly

#40 Post by brundlefly » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:23 pm

ryannichols7 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:19 pm
this movie is strangely absent from all the US importers - Orbit, Diabolik, Grindhouse, and Atomic all lack it. wonder why that is? hoping to catch it before our 1982 project ends, but if I get it from the UK I probably won't be able to
If it does not arrive in time, it is among the many Polish titles streaming with English subtitles (though perhaps not Second Run's improved subs) at 35mm.online.