Universal Vault Series

Discuss North American DVDs and Blu-rays or other DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
AfterTheRain

Re: Universal Vault Series

#51 Post by AfterTheRain » Sun May 20, 2012 12:29 am

Feego wrote:Yes, several titles there are available on pressed discs in box sets. Specifically:

Hands Across the Table and We're Not Dressing are in the Carole Lombard Glamour Collection.

Phantom of the Opera is in the Hammer Horror Series Collection.

The Devil Is a Woman is in the Marlene Dietrich Glamour Collection. That set also includes Morocco and Blonde Venus, both of which have made their way to Unviersal's Vault Series.

Four Frightened People is in the Cecil B. DeMille Collection.

Tarantula! is in the Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collection.

Bluebeard's Eighth Wife is in the Claudette Colbert Collection.

Here Come the Waves and Waikiki Wedding are in the Bing Crosby: Screen Legend Collection.
Here's two that you forgot:

The Cat and the Canary is in the Bob Hope: Thanks for the Memories Collection.

Welcome Stranger is in the Bing Crosby Collection (Universal Backlot Series).

P.S. We're Not Dressing is in that collection as well.

MoonlitKnight

#52 Post by MoonlitKnight » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:26 pm

Haven't seen/heard any new announcements for this line in a while? Has it ceased to be? :-k

SpiderBaby

#53 Post by SpiderBaby » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:47 pm

MoonlitKnight wrote:Haven't seen/heard any new announcements for this line in a while? Has it ceased to be? :-k
Good question. Have they even announced what will be in the "Universal rarities" release set for August?

Ashirg

#54 Post by Ashirg » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:03 pm

SpiderBaby wrote:
MoonlitKnight wrote:Haven't seen/heard any new announcements for this line in a while? Has it ceased to be? :-k
Good question. Have they even announced what will be in the "Universal rarities" release set for August?
I think two different Universal project are being confused in here.

There is Universal's Turner Classic Movies exclusives multi-disc sets of which Universal rarities is part and which has a separate discussion. Lately, some of the films included in these sets end up by themselves as part of Universal Vault Series.

Amazon released a bunch of titles as part of Universal Vault Series on June 12 -
The Amazing Mrs. Holliday (1943)
The Conqueror (1956)
Jet Pilot (1957)
Killdozer (1974)
One Desire (1955)
Out on a Limb (1992)
Positive I.D. (1987)
The Shepherd of the Hills (1941)
Thick as Thieves (1998)
Tobruk (1967)

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#55 Post by swo17 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:07 pm

Huh. If any brave soul can report back on whether Jet Pilot is presented open matte, it would be most appreciated.

knives

#56 Post by knives » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:21 pm

Jet Pilot is probably a duplicate of the previous disc.

Ashirg

#57 Post by Ashirg » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:24 pm

I think based on the fact that they are releasing The Conqueror and The Shepherd of the Hills are being released same week, it's safe to say that they are ports of John Wayne: An American Icon set. (Seven Sinners and Pittsburgh were released in April).

JokerJeb

#58 Post by JokerJeb » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:15 am

All of Universal Vault Series apparently don't carry English subtitles. I think Universal does not want to pay for captioning on that series. We the deaf always have to fight for it. I personally know many hearing people do watch with captioning on and I wish they have thought of that and voice along with us. We are very small number and your voice is greater appreciated.