Fourthcoming: Inglourious Basterds

Discuss releases from Arrow and the films on them.

Moderator: yoloswegmaster

rapta

Re: Fourthcoming: Inglourious Basterds

#551 Post by rapta » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:07 am

I can't find it now but I seem to remember someone at Arrow (probably Fran Simeoni) tweeting about a studio asking for their ultimate wishlist, so that might explain the increase in higher-profile titles coming from the Universal catalogue: Tideland, 12 Monkeys, Candyman, Children of Men, Crimson Peak, Waterworld, The Andromeda Strain, Sixteen Candles, Weird Science, Being John Malkovich, An American Werewolf in London, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas...

Not surprised if they got Inglourious Basterds, and I also wouldn't bat an eyelid if the much-delayed A Fistful of Fingers was due to them trying to license more Edgar Wright titles. It'd be a shame if they didn't touch any Coen Brothers though, as there are a couple that haven't been released on UK BD yet (The Hudsucker Proxy, The Man Who Wasn't There) and some of the others could do with a new restoration (Barton Fink would be nice). The Frighteners would be a nice announcement, I quite like that film.

Sirk and Sturges would be obvious choices for Arrow Academy, I think I've mentioned before. Surprised they haven't done some separate titles of either's films (Criterion have beat them to it in regard to the latter and are releasing The Palm Beach Story in November).

Others I'd love to see them pick up: Traffic, Carlito's Way, The Blues Brothers, The Game, Out of Sight, Walkabout, Broken Flowers, The Breakfast Club, Uncle Buck, Two Mules for Sister Sara, Clockers.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#552 Post by tenia » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:48 am

The Frighteners could do with a newer restoration (good luck with that), but I don't see how the current Universal package could be topped.

KJones77

Re: Arrow Announcements, Speculation & Wild, Irresponsible Conjecture

#553 Post by KJones77 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:57 pm

domino harvey wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:57 pm
That poster does specify whose film it is, but as ever, I question how something like this isn’t supplemented with pictorial evidence considering every human online has the ability to do so
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php? ... count=1043

FInally some photo proof.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#554 Post by domino harvey » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:49 pm

Well here we go, then. Hopefully this isn’t just like their ridiculous Boondock Saints license and we get some new and significant extras

M Sanderson

#555 Post by M Sanderson » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:22 am

This is an interesting surprise, to me.