Spirits of the Dead (1968) new French DVD

Discuss internationally-released DVDs and Blu-rays or other international DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
Stefan Andersson

Spirits of the Dead (1968) new French DVD

#1 Post by Stefan Andersson » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:27 am

Histoires Extraordinaires (1968) aka Spirits of the Dead has had a new French DVD release (TF1 Vidéo). Posts on DVD Classik forum (seems like the poster is employed by TF1 or close to the company) says this is a new HD remaster, with Terence Stamp´s voice and the English version of Metzengerstein as an extra. Reviews online say Vadim used alternate English takes only for closeups, the rest is French takes with an English dub. Interviews and other extras.

Dylan

Re: Spirits of the Dead (1968) new French DVD

#2 Post by Dylan » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:26 pm

Thank God if this is true. We've been waiting for years to see a restored Toby Dammit in Italian and English.

jerome

#3 Post by jerome » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:00 am

I can confirm that Terence Stamp speaks english in the Fellini sketch, on the TF1 Video DVD.
I produced this dvd, as a freelance dvd producer for TF1 Video.

And yes, this is a new Anamorphic Transfer. and you also have the Vadim sketch in two versions, because it was shot twice : first with jane Fonda speaking french, second with her speaking english. The english version is included as a bonus, with optional french subtitles.
TOBY DAMMIT is presented in french but also in the bonus section, in Italian with optional french subtiles.

the disc also include the french trailer with an anamorphic transfer.

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by jerome on Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jsteffe

#4 Post by jsteffe » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:53 pm

Welcome, Jerome, and thanks for the info and luscious screen caps! Now I'm interested to order this for my personal collection. I'm "fonda" Jane & think that "Toby Dammit" is one of Fellini's better films.