March or Die (Dick Richards, 1977) widescreen, uncut?

Discuss internationally-released DVDs and Blu-rays or other international DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
Richard--W

March or Die (Dick Richards, 1977) widescreen, uncut?

#1 Post by Richard--W » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:01 am

Does anyone know if there is a proper release of this title somewhere? Australia or Asia, perhaps?

Columbia reportedly spent $9,000,000 to make March Or Die, which was a HUGE budget back in 1970s. The film was trimmed of footage just before release. The theatrical release was 104 minutes. It failed miserably at the box office, reporting a paltry return of $1,000,000. A longer and differently edited version aired once or twice on television, although I did not see it myself.

Does anyone know what the correct, full-length running time is supposed to be?

Columbia / Sony released March or Die on a double-feature disc with The Domino Principle. Customers complained that both films are in poor quality, pan & scanned, and in the case of March Or Die, cut. But constant references to the longer version suggest that it is in release somewhere.

Nothing

Re: MARCH OR DIE (Columbia, 1977) -- widescreen, uncut?

#2 Post by Nothing » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:39 am

The UK disc is cropped down to 1.77:1(16x9) from 2.35:1. There are no obvious signs of censorship, but it is apparently the shorter (release?) version. Bloody awful film, I have to say :)