Histoire(s) du Cinema

Discuss internationally-released DVDs and Blu-rays or other international DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

Re: Histoire(s) du Cinema

#276 Post by domino harvey » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:03 pm

The bad VHS dub quality of most of the clips is inherent in the original film essay, it shouldn't look any different (read: good) regardless of who releases it!

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#277 Post by swo17 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:42 am

stagefright50 wrote:For those of you in US and interested, the Madman edition is available from DVD Planet and ImportCDs for great prices shipped.
I just got shipping confirmation for my order from DVD Planet.

Oedipax

#278 Post by Oedipax » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:35 pm

And I just got mine, finally! :)

Black Hat

#279 Post by Black Hat » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:05 am

If anyone's interested I have a sealed Madman edition of this I'd be willing to sell... shoot me a pm, especially if you're interested and among the NYC contingent.

EddieLarkin

#280 Post by EddieLarkin » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:31 pm

Is there anywhere one can source the Madman release from these days? It doesn't ever seem to crop up on eBay and I can't find a listing for it on Amazon at all (for third party sellers).

furbicide

#281 Post by furbicide » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:39 pm

It might be a long shot, but if you live in Australia, my recommendation would be to call up a JB Hi-Fi store and ask if any stores in the country still have it in stock. When I worked there a few years back, my experience was that long-deleted titles would often show up in the ordering system as still sitting on a shelf at some random shop in, say, Northern Territory or South Australia, and there wouldn't be any problem in getting it posted over to your local store from there. If you're based internationally, things might get a bit trickier, but you could still call up and try your luck!

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/pages/store-finder