156 Scum

Discuss releases by Indicator and the films on them.

Moderator: MichaelB

kekid

Re: 156 Scum

#26 Post by kekid » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:17 pm

I received the "Scum" Limited Edition today. I gently removed the attachment to the box that tells me I received the 472nd copy of the Limited Edition. Unfortunately the plastic sticker that attached it to the main cardboard box left glue on the surface of the box that I cannot remove. If I put this box on my shelf, I suspect it will stick to the box next to it. Does anyone have advice as to how to remove the glue residue without damaging the box? Thank you for any suggestions, and Indicator folks on this forum may want to be mindful of this problem.

HitchcockLang

#27 Post by HitchcockLang » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:34 am

I use Goo Gone for just this predicament. You can pick up a small bottle for a dollar at the Dollar Tree (not sure where you live and if they have Dollar Trees there). I’ve used it to remove sticker residue on numerous blu-Ray and DVD slipcovers and such. I’ve never seen it damage the material but you can always test a small inconspicuous area first if you’re worried. Sometimes it leaves the area looking a little shiny/oily, but rubbing it enough with a dry cloth will make that go away too.

Adam X

#28 Post by Adam X » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:20 am

I would’ve just used the sticker to remove it. If you stick it back over the leftover adheshive, and peel it off (repeatedly) it should eventually all adhere to the sticker.

Also, using masking tape (scotch tape to you North Americans, I believe) in the same fashion does the same job, and you’re not using any liquid on the cardboard.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#29 Post by tenia » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:23 am

I usually manage to remove most by hand (using the other bit of glue-stuff to help, like Adam suggested) and take out the remaining residues by scrubbing them with a pencil rubber. Careful though : depending on the ink, scrubbing too hard might fade the artwork. But this allows to avoid using liquid.

kekid

#30 Post by kekid » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:35 pm

Thank you all for helpful suggestions.

CSM126

#31 Post by CSM126 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:44 pm

I received Scum and The Last Movie today. My copy of Scum has the same residue issue. Funny enough, Last Movie didn’t despite having the same sticker going on. Not a big deal, the adhesive rubbed off cleanly.

EddieLarkin

#32 Post by EddieLarkin » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:33 pm

I'm having flashbacks to Masters of Cinema's steelbook release of Double Indemnity (the wrong adhesive was used and many people ended up with a marked case).

HitchcockLang

#33 Post by HitchcockLang » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:28 am

Yep, my Scum has the same adhesive issue also. My Night of the Demon did not. I tried the use the tape that left it to pull it off tip suggested above with no luck. In fact, the little round piece of tape had no adhesive left on it. It left all the sticky on the box and I was left with a small circle of clear plastic without a bit of stick to it. Goo Gone it is! (You use such a small amount of liquid it really doesn’t hurt the box at all). This must be a different tape than what Indicator (or their manufacturer) has used previously.

MichaelB

#34 Post by MichaelB » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:23 am

MichaelB

#35 Post by MichaelB » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:09 pm

der_Artur

#36 Post by der_Artur » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:04 am

HitchcockLang wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:28 am
Yep, my Scum has the same adhesive issue also. My Night of the Demon did not. I tried the use the tape that left it to pull it off tip suggested above with no luck. In fact, the little round piece of tape had no adhesive left on it. It left all the sticky on the box and I was left with a small circle of clear plastic without a bit of stick to it. Goo Gone it is! (You use such a small amount of liquid it really doesn’t hurt the box at all). This must be a different tape than what Indicator (or their manufacturer) has used previously.
I had the same issue. I attributed it to the heat in Germany but a change in tape is more plaisible now. I rubbed it off so the box now has some shiny spots... I'll try this goo-thingy next time.

Beyond that I really like this release, espacially the booklet with it's arhival material and gorgeous design. I was a little surprised to see only video features from cast and crew and nothing from critics like the omnipresent Kim Newman.