David Cronenberg

Discussion and info on people in film, ranging from directors to actors to cinematographers to writers.

Moderator: DarkImbecile

bradass

Re: David Cronenberg

#51 Post by bradass » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:13 pm

I was present for this screening and Q&A, and the truth is getting stretched. Cronenberg spoke of an interest in the novelistic format of streaming series, which he has in the past, and that he has a few different ideas he’s exploring. He certainly never said he’s in pre-production in so many words, as was initially reported by World of Reel.

In better news, the Crash restoration looks great. Blu-rays were implied but no label was mentioned. Arrow is more plausible than Criterion, I would wager.

colinr0380

#52 Post by colinr0380 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:51 pm

If Arrow is involved I dearly hope that they approach the Daily Mail to ask for permission to reproduce all of their articles in the inevitable booklet then! Maybe we could get a commemorative reprinting of the "Ban This Sick Car Crash Sex Film" edition!

Adam Grikepelis

#53 Post by Adam Grikepelis » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:16 am

At the very least German label Turbine, who’ve been involved with the restoration since the beginning, are releasing it on BD/UHD, with new interviews, the CC commentary & an HDR grade approved by Cronenberg & Suschitzky.